Fourteen CHS Juniors Honored with College Book Awards
CHELMSFORD, MA (June 24, 2022) – Chelmsford High School deans Joshua Blagg, Erin MacNeil and John MacIsaac honored 14 members of the junior class with the Junior College Book Awards Thursday, June 9 at the CHS Career and College Readiness Center.
The Junior College Book Awards are presented to members of the junior class who exemplify the spirit of Chelmsford High School and who demonstrate inspirational leadership, outstanding scholarship and unwavering loyalty to the High School and community.
The Junior College Book Awards program at CHS is coordinated by Susan Fallon, Administrative Assistant of Whittier House, who works with the admissions and alumni associations of the many colleges and universities throughout the country who participate. Each college ships its book of choice to be presented to the recipient.
2022 Chelmsford High School Junior College Book Award Recipients
Recipient | Book Award | Book Title (Author)
- Divya Sambasivan | Harvard Club of Boston | The Harvard Book: Selections From Three Centuries (William Bentinck-Smith)
- Prateek Motagi | Yale Club of Boston | Why Food Matters (Paul Freedman)
- Martin Coleman | Dartmouth College | The Poetry of Robert Frost (Edward Connery Lathem)
- Emma Taylor | WPI | Outliers: The Story of Success (Malcolm Gladwell)
- Kaitlyn Kaminuma | Smith College | The Road From Coorain (Jill Ker Conway)
- Keval Patel | William and Mary | A Passion for Leadership (Robert Gates)
- Lea Bosch | Brandeis University | Tuesdays With Morrie (Mitch Albom)
- Rishi Ajmera | Wesleyan University | While the Earth Sleeps We Travel: Stories, poetry, and art from young refugees around the world (Ahmed M. Badr)
- Sara Perkins | St. Lawrence University | The Day the World Came to Town: 9/11 in Gander, Newfoundland (Jim Defede)
- Arjun Lingala | St. Michael’s College | Lulu In the Sky: A daughter of Cambodia finds love, healing, and double happiness (Luong Ung)
- Manasa Praveen | St. Anselm College | Half Truths-What’s Right (and What’s Wrong) With the Cliches You and I Live By (Montague Brown)
- Rachel O’Brien | St. Michael’s College | Lulu In the Sky: A daughter of Cambodia finds love, healing, and double happiness (Luong Ung)
- Haniya Rizwan | Tulane University | My Dinner With Lawrence: Recipes and Dinner Parties Inspired by Notable Architects (a project of the Tulane School of Architecture, Class of 1980-81)
- Clara Wong | Suffolk University | A Short History of Boston (Dr. Robert Allison)
About Chelmsford Public Schools
The Chelmsford Public School District provides all students with multiple pathways to optimize their own potential for academic excellence, leadership, and social and emotional wellness. The mission of the Chelmsford Public Schools is to educate, engage, prepare, and empower well-rounded and knowledgeable learners to PERSEVERE through challenges, demonstrate RESPECT and INTEGRITY in their words and actions, are DEDICATED to their community, and display EMPATHY as global citizens while discovering and pursuing their full potential. This PRIDE-driven culture enables all members of the school community to support the growth and development of students. For more information, please visit www.chelmsfordschools.org.