CHELMSFORD, MA (June 14, 2023) – Chelmsford High School deans Joshua Blagg, Erin MacNeil and John MacIsaac honored 14 members of the junior class with the College Book Awards Wednesday, June 7 at the High School.
The Junior College Book Awards are presented to members of the junior class who exemplify the spirit of Chelmsford High School and who demonstrate inspirational leadership, outstanding scholarship and unwavering loyalty to the High School and Chelmsford community.
The Junior College Book Awards program at CHS is coordinated by Susan Fallon, Administrative Assistant of Whittier House, who works with the admissions departments and alumni associations of the many colleges and universities throughout the country who participate.
Each college ships its book of choice to be presented to the recipient.
2023 Chelmsford High School Junior College Book Award Recipients
Recipient | Book Award | Book Title (Author)
- Ashrit Ram Anala | Wesleyan University | While the Earth Sleeps We Travel: Stories, poetry, and art from young refugees around the world (Ahmed M. Badr)
- Sara DeHaan | Dartmouth College | The Poetry of Robert Frost (Edward Connery Lathem)
- Sherry Guo | Harvard Club of Boston | The Harvard Book: Selections from Three Centuries (William Bentinck-Smith)
- Maria Kesablyan | Tulane University | My Dinner with Lawrence: Recipes and Dinner Parties Inspired by Notable Architects (a project of the Tulane School of Architecture, Class of 1980-81)
- Saja Khalifeh | St. Lawrence University | The Day the World Came to Town: 9/11 in Gander, Newfoundland (Jim Defede)
- Garima Lalwani | Brandeis University | Tuesdays With Morrie (Mitch Albom)
- Stella Lamson | St. Anselm College | Half Truths-What’s Right (and What’s Wrong) With the Cliches You and I Live By (Montague Brown)
- Nathaniel Lebrun | Suffolk University | A Short History of Boston (Dr. Robert Allison)
- Cynthia Lu | William and Mary | A Passion for Leadership (Robert Gates)
- Christina Miller | Yale Club of Boston | Why Food Matters (Paul Freedman)
- Diya Munshi | Smith College | The Road From Coorain (Jill Ker Conway)
- Abhishek Nair | St. Michael’s College | Lulu in the Sky: A daughter of Cambodia finds love, healing, and double happiness (Luong Ung)
- Keya Upadhyay | WPI | Outliers: The Story of Success (Malcolm Gladwell)
- Sarah Windoloski | St. Michael’s College | Lulu in the Sky: A daughter of Cambodia finds love, healing, and double happiness (Luong Ung)
About Chelmsford Public Schools
The Chelmsford Public School District provides all students with multiple pathways to optimize their own potential for academic excellence, leadership, and social and emotional wellness. The mission of the Chelmsford Public Schools is to educate, engage, prepare, and empower well-rounded and knowledgeable learners to PERSEVERE through challenges, demonstrate RESPECT and INTEGRITY in their words and actions, are DEDICATED to their community, and display EMPATHY as global citizens while discovering and pursuing their full potential. This PRIDE-driven culture enables all members of the school community to support the growth and development of students. For more information, please visit www.chelmsfordschools.org.